31.8.13

The Water Colour



For some odd reason, I'm being exposed to so much watercolour lately.

Watercolour in fashion art class, watercolour decorated personal card, watercolour prints on clothing.

It's so beautiful the way water spreads the pigments across the surface.

It's an art that I have not yet mastered as you can see- so much more practice needed.

I had a flashback of my 1st semester term garment at F.I.T.

I used geometric shapes as an inspiration.

Really crisp, clean lines.

As a trim I made an origami train using a watercolour printed cotton.


My garment! Oh my... so embarrassing when I think back on it.

Zooming in on the little origami train.


For my 3rd semester, one of the projects was doing a knit emblem in an ellipse on a t-shirt.

This is the emblem I made.


It's a watercolour 4-way knit fabric!

And today morning I explored the watercolour technique, because I so badly want to be decent at this.



Even though my skill is lacking, the medium itself looks so stunning.

Watercolour trend on the runway.








I'm normally not into prints, but these prints are so breathtaking!

You can't even tell 100% what the image is, which is what's so attractive about it.

These are part of Mary Katrantzou's Resort 2014 collection.

A breathtaking dress found on flannels.com


Erdem Pre-Fall 2013

I hope I see more watercolour appearing in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment