24.8.13

Shoot 'em Down

Living in a fast paced society

One can lose ambition once you're half a step behind someone

We lose focus

trying to keep an eye on 10 different things at the same time

Comparing ourselves to the person next to us

One can become timid, suppressed

I've just very recently found a fun way to "destressify" those suppressed feelings

  ..and regain the focus in an empowering activity.

So the truth is, I went to a shooting range.

To be specific, trap shooting.

As a first timer I was uber excited until I actually held the gun.

The instructor was going through everything so quickly, and when it came time to shoot I was telling myself,

"fake your confidence. Just fake it" (That's what some of us tell ourselves everyday of our lives)

So I did and it worked wonders!

The first shot I was pushed back by the shotgun and I was thinking "wow, this is a tiny glimpse of war"

To be honest, I felt a little tremble in my hands and arms.

But at the end of the first round I was ready to go!

Sometimes life is like that shooting range.

Things go flying past you so quickly, but you have to maintain focus one after another.

When you compare yourself to someone else and look over your shoulder for a moment,

you lose your focus.

Keep that confidence.

Keep that edge by being different.

I had some summer homework due for my fall 2013 semester at Fashion Institute of Technology.

I like to draw inspiration not from typical trends, but from nature and concepts and activities.

So I decided to show one sketch from my mini collection, which was inspired by the concept of a "wanderer"

What a coincidence, it can somewhat relate to shooting.


The shoulder leather padding that I wore was translated into a fashion look in this particular sketch.

In the future, I will show more sketches and styles.

Also in the post from two weeks ago I said I went to Baublebar, well these are my purchases.




The skull bracelet was a gift to my older sister. Beautiful... isn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment